Guess What Day It Is??

July 24, 2013

Happy Wednesday people! Wednesdays have been great this summer thanks to Jessica at Covered in Glitter and Glue and her What I’m Lovin Wednesday linky.

Number 1: I love this commercial. I don’t care what anyone might say…”That’s so last month.” or “Are you seriously playing THAT commercial again?” I just don’t care. I love it and it makes me laugh EVERY SINGLE TIME. So here you go…

You know it makes you giggle a little too…admit it!
**This camel-Wednesday moment is dedicated to Jessica at Covered in Glitter and Glue….**
Number 2: Having breakfast and coffee at my own leisure every morning. It’s been so relaxing and I’m getting sad that it’s coming to an end.
In case you are wondering, it’s fat free vanilla yogurt with granola. Specifically, this granola:
BEAR NAKED FIT® Triple Berry Crunch
YUMMMM!
Number 3: I have been introduced to Roller Derby. In Colorado, we have an organization called the Denver Roller Dolls…that’s them in the pic below. This was a practice/scrimmage bout, and I’m totally hooked! It was so fun and high energy and the ladies really are tough!

You many be wondering HOW I got into this…a former student (now in high school) skates for a junior team! She invited me to come see her team in a bout. How awesome is that? Dare I say, it’s pretty badass! Excuse my French, of course.
Number 4: Last but not least, I’m loving getting organized at school…I’ve only done a little, but it always makes me feel like I’m ready to tackle the year when I’m organized. Please understand, I don’t STAY organized, but at least I give it a go at the beginning.
We use MONDO Bookshop at our school, and since I switched grades I needed to shelve and organize the 3rd grade materials. So, because I am organizationally challenged, I spread all the sets on the floor, found the lesson plan that goes with each one and then put them on the shelf in order by level. It worked! All the guided reading book sets are organized and ready to be pulled out and used.
Ok, I think that’s about it!
What are you lovin’ today? Head over and link up!

You Might Also Like

15 Comments

• Reply Deb Hanson July 24, 2013 at 4:04 pm

Yes, dare I say that the best part of the new school year is an organized classroom! ~Deb
    Crafting Connections

• Reply Kelly - Sliding Into Second Grade July 24, 2013 at 5:21 pm

I'm so jealous you're back in your classroom already! I'm anxious to get back but also really loving my summer. Thanks for sharing!

-Kelly
    Sliding Into Second Grade

• Reply Covered in Glitter July 24, 2013 at 5:40 pm

Thanks for the shout out! You crack me up!

I love Bear Naked Granola too!

I'm loving all of the organization you're getting done in your classroom!

Thanks for linking up!

Jessica
    Covered in Glitter and Glue

• Reply J Kane July 24, 2013 at 6:17 pm

My step sister does Roller Derby in Connecticut and she loves it! She gets hurt every now and then, but it is really fun to watch. I could never do it! Props to the ladies that put themselves out there! School starts in four weeks, here. We go back in three. I do not even know when I want to actually start going in to get stuff together. I think I am just getting the first year jitters.

-Jessie
    Lil Bit Country In the Classroom

• Reply Debbie Teise July 24, 2013 at 6:41 pm

Good Luck getting ready for the school year. Love Bare Naked products too!

Debbie

• Reply e Reyes July 24, 2013 at 7:33 pm

Thanks for stopping by my blog!
    Organization very rarely happens in my classroom during the school year. If it isn't organized before school starts, it's not going to be organized. However, if i do all the organizing before hand I'm much more likely to stick with it!
    Also, I'm so with you about the leisurely breakfast! I'm going to miss eating at home rather than on the run.

• Reply e Reyes July 24, 2013 at 7:34 pm

Oh, yeah, welcome to 3rd grade! It's the best!

• Reply Jamie knefely July 24, 2013 at 10:13 pm

I love that camel commercial too. Thanks for sharing. I can't wait to read more post.

Jamie
    teachingtidbit.blogspot.com

• Reply The Craft of Teaching July 24, 2013 at 11:02 pm

I couldn't agree more! It feels good to be organized for a minute! LOL

Nichole

• Reply The Craft of Teaching July 24, 2013 at 11:03 pm

Keep on enjoying that summer, girl! LOL I'm hoping I don't get too carried away and still have some fun!

Nichole

• Reply The Craft of Teaching July 24, 2013 at 11:10 pm

Hi Jessie! Good luck on your first year! That's so exciting. I hope your set up goes really well!

Nichole

• Reply The Craft of Teaching July 24, 2013 at 11:10 pm

Thanks Debbie!

Nichole

• Reply The Craft of Teaching July 24, 2013 at 11:11 pm

I couldn't agree more! If it's not done ahead of time, it doesn't happen! Here's to a few more leisurely breakfast! 🙂

Nichole

• Reply Anchored In 3rd Grade July 25, 2013 at 5:19 am

oh wow, roller derby sounds fun!
    We aren't allowed in the building at school all summer. We can go in Aug 1st and open house is Aug 15 and it's closed on Fridays and we have to leave by 3 and that leaves no time and we have to pack EVERYTHING up in our room and it takes sooo long to unpack before decorating…and I feel like I can never get organized.
    whew. that's all!
    I am enjoying staying up late for fun and not for getting caught up on paper work 😉
    "autumn"

• Reply Miss Foote August 5, 2013 at 10:38 pm

We have the Rose City Rollers here in Portland. I have seen them a few times and want to join SO bad…just gotta jump in I think!

Laurie