I See the Light At The End of the Tunnel…

May 22, 2013
but I think it’s a train.

It’s the end of the year. Only 6 more (school) days to go.

To share the words of a dear friend, the wheels are off the wagon, people.

So far this week there has been crying, arguing, shouting. And the kids have been pretty crazy too. 😉

Luckily, TPT has come to my rescue yet again. Lisa from Fourth and Ten has this adorable product that my crazy fourthies are working on!

Click the picture to grab it from her store!

I’ve never done a memory book before, and I absolutely LOVE these! They started working on them today, and they are so cute. All of my students are doing a great job coloring and writing about their 4th grade experiences. They are loving it and so am I!

Where are the pictures, you ask? Well. About that. I forgot to take some. I was so into looking at their work and seeing them drawing their pictures, that I didn’t pull out my camera, or phone, or anything else that might record them working.

Since I tried Lisa’s Memory Books for the first time, I’m linking up with Holly at Fourth Grade Flipper for her Tried It Tuesday linky!

Photobucket

Tomorrow, I will take some pictures and be sure to post them hard at work Not crying. Not yelling. Not arguing. Not getting referrals for being disrespectful to adults.

Just working and coloring and laughing and chatting. Because we will make it 6 more days.

And then the light at the end of the tunnel will just be summer sunshine!

Have a great day everyone! 🙂

You Might Also Like

7 Comments

• Reply FourthGrade Flipper May 22, 2013 at 6:54 pm

I am off to check this out now! I need to figure out my "must do" end of year project ASAP! Thanks so much for linking up, friend:)
    ~Holly
    Fourth Grade Flipper

• Reply Matt Sutton May 27, 2013 at 12:44 am

That is a great memory book. I might have to try something like that for some of my reluctant learners at the end of next year. Very cool idea for keeping them engaged.
    btw, I found you through the link up.

matt
    Digital: Divide & Conquer

• Reply The Craft of Teaching June 4, 2013 at 4:34 pm

I hope you found something fun! Thanks for hosting!

Nichole

• Reply The Craft of Teaching June 4, 2013 at 4:35 pm

Thanks for stopping by Matt! My kids had fun with them and it totally kept them engaged at the end. 🙂

Nichole

• Reply Bex Mawn June 12, 2013 at 3:33 am

My second graders have been whining, crying, arguing, shouting… We have ten days left. This memory book is a great idea however! Thanks for sharing!

• Reply The Craft of Teaching June 19, 2013 at 3:24 pm

I hope the memory book worked for you! 🙂 Are you still in school? Whew!

Nichole

• Reply Katie De Leon June 20, 2013 at 5:17 am

I just love your site!! What great ideas you have! I am newest follower.

katie